A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, December 15, 2014

12/15/2014

  
The week went well. It sounds like your sacrament meetings over the past few weeks have been eventful, with missionaries coming home and preparing to leave. The primary program for Ankirhiry was yesterday. Totally different from what we are accustomed to seeing. There are not any Christmas programs here in Tamatave. Maybe there will be in Antananarivo.
 I am glad that the new wave of missionary plaques are up. I saw a picture of mine, that mom sent. The design of the plaque itself was pretty cool. The week went as usual with the exception of the baptism on Saturday. That was a bonus! I have attached photos.
  I am being transferred to Antananarivo, with a Rwandan companion but, other than that, nothing much happened. The town that I will be in is, Ampitatafika, another hard name to say.  I have only received 4 or 5 letters since I have been in Madagascar and I still haven't received the box that mom mailed on Halloween, either because Tamatave is very far away from the mission office or because of an ongoing mail strike. Hopefully, living closer to Antananarivo will mean more mail more often. Anyway, have a great week. Hope everything is well. It will be great to talk to the family on Christmas day. 


       -Elder Pinson


No comments:

Post a Comment