A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, March 16, 2015

03/16/2015

  I am doing well today. I will cut to the chase, since I left off last week's email referring to transfers this week. Elder Munanira is leaving, going to Ampefiloha along with Elder K. Ahlstrom. Elder Evans is going to Ambohimanarina. I really hate to see them go, but I know that's the way it is.  My new companion will be Elder Stokes, I don't know him, but the other guys say that he is really cool. 
  The weather this week has been better than normal. Not as rainy,  and I am not sick anymore. I saw the pictures of Brittany and her friends on Dropbox. I prayed a lot that she would be able to complete the race, so I am glad that the prayers were answered (proud brother here) We played basketball this morning and I either jammed my finger or fractured it. It is very sore and hard to bend. If it still hurts tomorrow, I will ask the mission nurse to look at it, since I have to go to the mission office to get my companion anyway.
 The Manakambahiny Stake conference was this past week. A few investigators attended, which was good to see. There are a few investigators who are now saying that they believe that our message is true. They were not convinced before. One of our investigator's is Romeo. We have already taught him for several months, but he has not been convinced about the doctrine of the Church. One lesson this past week, I explained clearly the doctrine concerning baptism for the dead, which seemed to erase some of his doubts about the Church. He wants to read the Book of Mormon, and especially the Doctrine and Covenants. We have one family that should attend church next week (The dad's name is Andry), The problem is that they are not legally married, like most people in Madagascar. 
  Getting back to conference, I especially remember one speaker talking about the importance of the role of parents in a family. He was really good. I also saw all of the missionaries who serve in the Manakambahiny Stake, which was really nice. There is to be some type of demonstration this week. It is said that the citizens are not happy with the way the country's President is leading them. Hopefully, nothing violent will happen.
  I have somehow managed to lose all of my nametags, all four of them, so for the past few days I have been a nobody., I am also glad that General Conference is next month. I also am excited to get a new companion and get down to the business of real missionary work. I am thinking about having a suit made for me, but I am not sure what color pattern I should use? Any suggestions? (This includes random people who read this post). 
  My favorite scripture this week is 1 Nephi 4:1 "And it came to pass that I spake unto my brethren, saying: Let us go up again unto Jerusalem, and let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; for behold he is mightier than all the earth, then why not mightier than Laban and his fifty, yea, or even than his tens of thousands?" It gives me the courage I need in rough times.

Anyway, have a great week, everyone     
-Elder Pinson




No comments:

Post a Comment