A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, December 21, 2015

12/21/2015

  "'Twas [a few days] before Christmas, and all [around Madagascar]....."

So CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE!

I cannot believe how time has flown this year. I say that all the time, yet it's really true. It seems that it was only October not too far in the past. Now, it's time to celebrate Christmas all over again. "How is Elder Pinson celebrating Christmas?" some might ask. Well, to be honest, I am not too sure.
  Several members have invited us over to have food with them this week. I am actually looking forward to because I believe that the number times we have been fed actual food (rice and laoka) in November and December is 5, maybe. Anything is better than Ramen. Other than that, I am just looking forward to Skyping with my family on Christmas Day. Last time I was able to talk to them was May, so it will be good to hear from them. 
  So I was talking to a few missionaries who arrived here the same time as I did,  and we were discussing how tomorrow is our 6-months-left mark. Difficult to believe. I already realize that, with transfers in a few weeks, I might be going to the last place I will ever serve here in Madagascar. Throughout my entire mission, I have not worked in a place for an entire 4 transfers (6 months), so I am hoping that I can spend the rest of my mission in one last place. That way, I will really be able to make great friends with the people of the ward or branch.
  Not much news to mention this week. One of our best investigators is out of town for a few weeks probably, and with the Christmas season, it will likely be difficult to accomplish much teaching this week. That's how it is sometimes. A few of our investigators attended church on yesterday, but a lot of people have gone away for Christmas. We are also having a missionary party on Christmas Day. That should be fun! I realized this week that my full year of only living in Madagascar is almost over. It was a great year and the time flew by. I learned a lot. Even though there were difficulties sometimes, there was much to rejoice over as well.

I will have much more to mention next week. Merry Christmas to everyone!

                                  Elder Pinson



No comments:

Post a Comment