A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, March 21, 2016

03/21/2016

  Hello everyone!

  I hope everyone is having a good week. Not much has changed here in Madagascar since last time! There is some really good news though: One of our investigators will be baptized this Saturday!  If I remember correctly, she is a referral from some recent converts. That is proof to me that working with members is always more effective than going from house-to-house. This week is the last week of the transfer. I predict that I am not going to be transferred, but anything is possible. Ever since President Foote has been here, transfers have been mysterious. Lol. I really believe I will be staying here in Anjanahary though. 
 So there was a crazy rainstorm on Saturday. We were at the church teaching English class and we left to walk to a recent convert's house. When I looked at the ominous clouds, I knew it was not going to be good. Surely enough, while we were still super far away from the recent convert's house, it started raining. My Columbia raincoat did not stand a chance (in all honesty, my Columbia raincoat is not very useful). Even though it rained for a few hours, I did not see too much flooding; that is, until I we got to the road near our house. It looked like it was meant for some sort of Brown Water Rafting. Seriously though, there was one time where a car turned onto the street and it floated/drifted, almost running over some people who were wading through the middle of the road. I just held onto stuff on the side of the road and tried not to drown. The people were probably amazed that two vazahas (vazaha means basically anyone who is not Malagasy) were even out in the storm. That was not a very fun day. 
  Today, after studying the Book of Mormon we played basketball at the mission office. Just a normal, quiet day. I am expecting that to change within the next several weeks, with baptisms,  Conference, my birthday, Skyping with family on Mother' Day (farany, or last), and returning home. 
  Tomorrow, I have exactly 3 months left until I step on a plane and leave here!   Madagascar is great.!There are many good people here. I have tried many foods (I might be eating cat before I leave). I have had the opportunity to work with other good missionaries who have strong testimonies of Jesus Christ and His Church. I really have been blessed to be called here, and I plan on making the most of the rest of my time before I leave. 
Have a great week, everyone

Elder Pinson   

No comments:

Post a Comment