A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, April 4, 2016

4/4/2016

Hello everyone!
   I hope you all had a great week. Madagascar is still alive and well. This week was sort of quiet, in all honesty. Elder Tambula, was transferred on Wednesday, and I was on splits with other elders until Elder Nolan, my new companion, arrived on Friday, so I was unable to teach lessons to my investigators. It was great serving with Elder Tambula, and I can already tell that it is going to be a great serving with Elder Nolan. He is from California and he has been serving his mission for less than a year. The most exciting part of the week was receiving the flight itinerary for our trip home! It strange that I already have the specific time I will be back in South Carolina.
  So, Conference was yesterday! Were the talks good? I am sure they were, because they always are. The people that translate Conference into Malagasy are translating Conference already, and apparently, everyone here will be watching Conference on Saturday and Sunday. That is a change, because usually we don't end up watching Conference until at the end of the month. I am looking forward to the lessons I will learn from our prophet and the apostles. 
  As far as the missionary work goes, Elder Nolan and I are planning on searching for new investigators this week by going from house to house. We did find a new investigator last week, which is good because some of our investigators have been out of town for several weeks. Some are supposed to be baptized soon, so they may possibly be back this week
  With my birthday being next week, there are some nice restaurants nearby, so I might go to one of those next week. 
  I don't have any pictures this week. The person who took pictures of the baptism still has not sent them to me yet. Hopefully next week. I am sorry if this email does not have much information. I don't have much to write about today. I really appreciate all of your prayers. Have a great week everyone!

 Elder Pinson

No comments:

Post a Comment