A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/2014

      The day is going well. Elder Turner is a cool person. He is from Lehi, Utah and he has been out almost a year. I don't know whether he is related President and Sister Turner. Sorry, that I am so late writing, but we had a lot of errands to run today.
      I am glad to hear that you guys got to be in on the missionary discussions. That is pretty awesome that, after all of Frank's interactions with the church, he has decided to be baptized. We have set some baptismal dates set for December, but some of those investigators probably won't be baptized by then
      I know of both of the missionaries that Sister Stocker talked about. I think Elder Baker served in Ankirihiry, and Elder Eppich trained one of the elders in my house. I am glad that y'all were able to go to the temple and finish some of the ordinances. Hopefully, the family history links I found today will be of some help in adding more names to the family tree. 
     The box has not arrived in Madagascar yet. The postal strike is still ongoing in South Africa, so it may be awhile, if I even get it at all. Rumors of the burning mail have been going around.  I knew Jesse was returning this month, but I forgot about Nate Droppo. Time just flies by. 
     Anyway, I am still surviving here. The language has improved greatly in the past few weeks. I try to learn new words everyday and incorporate them into the missionary lessons. You asked about the medicine and honestly, sometimes I forget to take my Malaria medicine, but most of the elders here forget as well. I will try to do better from now on. I have written maybe one journal entry in since October 5th. I just always forget and procrastinate writing. I don't have any pictures this week, because of transfers, we didn't go many places. 
 Still learning, still trying to be the best I can be. Have a great day. I love everyone.

    -Elder Pinson

No comments:

Post a Comment