A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, November 30, 2015

11/30/2015

  This email will be short because I am running out of time. First of all, I just want to acknowledge the fact that my brother, Nic turned 28 on Thursday! Happy Belated Birthday, Bro! I also hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! 
  This week was transfer week, and so many of my friends moved to new locations around Madagascar. It was strange to see some of them go, because of the fact that it might be the last time I might see them ever again, even when we get back on American soil. The experiences that we have shared here are probably ones that we will never experience again and remember for the rest of our lives.
Nothing much happened this week. There were some crazy rainstorms a few times this week, with lots of flooding, some guy thought that it would be a good idea to drive right next to the sidewalk where the floods had not reached. I'll just say that I got a face full of brown water (and it wasn't a Yoohoo). I was able to laugh about it though so it is all good. One of our investigators, who does not say a lot (so we have not been sure how much of the teachings he understands) attended church yesterday. 
  We also taught a new investigator this week. We ran into him tracting, and he seemed like he was not interested, yet he ran into us while we were walking the other day and told us to call him in order to build a schedule with him. During the first lesson, he expressed that he wants to follow the message we share. He says that he almost almost attended church yesterday, but he got lost on his way there. 
   I didn't actually make Thanksgiving dinner. We actually ended up having dinner with another set of missionaries. I mentioned that I bought stuff to make dinner for Thanksgiving, but I did cook, the next day with some variation on the recipes. Anyway, it is official the Christmas season! I was thinking the other day about how much I miss being able to listen to Christmas songs (especially the classics). Holidays in Madagascar are not really holidays at all, in all honesty. So the message learned is to take advantage of all the Christmas stuff that Madagascar missionaries don't have (Christmas tree, Netflix Christmas movies, snow, etc). 
  Really the most important part of Christmas is Christ. And, being a missionary, you learn that what really makes Christmas is the fact that Jesus Christ was born. I may not actually get presents, but I can give the best present. I can share the message of Jesus Christ and His gospel to all. That's what really matters.

No Malagasy Lesson this week, everyone. Sorry. 

Have a great week
          
Elder Pinson

1 comment:

  1. This is Ang. Love and miss you so much! You are a wonderful example and one of the sweetest spirits. Miss you and we hope to see you in June!

    ReplyDelete