A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, May 16, 2016

05/16/2016

  Hello everyone! My final transfer as a missionary has been great so far! The work in Anjanahary is going better than ever, in my opinion. We have been teaching many families, church attendance is high, and the members are referring us to investigators who are ready to learn the gospel. My mission will be over in a few weeks, so I am glad that some of my best missionary work is happening now. 
  We taught a lot of really cool people this week. There is one person that we taught a while back and then we stopped visiting him because there were people in his family who were discouraging him from learning. But we ran into him last week and we asked him if he wanted to learn again and he said that he still wanted to learn. He has moved to another area, so that is cool. We got referrals from a recent convert and another of our other recent converts got a calling at church on Sunday. Missionary work has been great here!  We go out to work and we just teach. Sometimes we have to tract, but for the most part, we usually have lesson after lesson each day. I really look forward to teaching the Gospel and seeing the " mighty change" that it brings to the lives of the people here
We taught 27 lessons last week! Hopefully we can teach more than that this week
   Today is the day after Pentecost, which is a holiday celebrated here in Madagascar. Very few stores or cybers are open today, so I am blessed to be able to email today. I really want to be the best missionary I have ever been this last transfer. I have learned a lot. The Lord has really helped me as I have strived to served Him. The challenges of a mission are real, but, I know that with God's help, anything is possible. Madagascar is a wonderful place! I have made so many friends and met so many awesome disciples of Christ. It is such an inspiration and a humbling experience for me to see so many who, even in poor circumstances, still try do the Lord's will. My hope is that I can pattern my life after that example. Asking for your continued prayers on behalf of the work here. Have a great week, everyone!

Elder Pinson

No comments:

Post a Comment