A behind-the-scenes look at Evan's two-year mission in Madagascar for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Monday, May 23, 2016

5/23/2016

   Hello everyone! Greetings from Madagascar. 

  The mission is going great! This past week, we taught 37 lessons. The goal has just been to teach and talk to as many people as possible and it has worked. We had planned to teach more people this week, but many of them were not at home. So much work was accomplished this week that it sort of reminiscent of when I was working in Fort Dauphin. 
  We have an investigator who quickly read the booklet we gave him last week and then when we taught him, he asked us if someone could be baptized twice. We taught him that the proper priesthood authority is what makes a baptism valid in God's eyes. We then challenged him to be baptized.
  This week, we should hopefully teach even more than last week. Our goal is 45 lessons. It is great being here in Antananarivo! The weather is wonderful and a lot of the days have been sunny, which makes it less of a challenge to remain motivated to work each day. Yesterday, was the start of my last month as a missionary. It just doesn't make since that I have so little time left here. 
  I have been really bad at writing in my journal these past 2 years, so instead of trying to recap my whole mission, I have been recounting stories from my mission. And, there are many! I know that these last few weeks of my mission are probably what I will remember my mission by. And I realize that, even though my mission has been a wonderful experience, the Lord can help me these last few weeks to be an even better missionary. I am so glad that the Lord has allowed  me to share His Gospel with so many, which has also been a blessing for me. There is no way I can repay Him for those blessings, but I can and will continue to serve Him by serving the people of Madagascar.

Have a great week, everyone!

Elder Pinson

No comments:

Post a Comment